Rent vs Buying Calculator Australia
Rent vs Buying Calculator helps explore the potential benefit of either renting or buying a property in Australia over time and decide whether it’s better to buy or rent a home based on inputs you enter and assumptions.
Rent vs Buying Calculator Assumptions
- All results are shown in future dollars and not adjusted for inflation. If you need to consider any inflationary effects, you can reduce the savings & investment return and the home appreciation.
- This calculator does not take into account the tax implications of buying and renting a property and return on any savings or investment.
- Savings / investment return, Rent increase, Ongoing cost increase, Home appreciation are calculated yearly, hence they are compounding yearly.
- In the home loan scenario, it is assumed that the repayments include both principal and interest. The repayments and interest are calculated by compounding monthly.
- In the renting scenario, it is assumed that a year consists of 26 fortnights or 52 weeks which is counted as 364 days rather than 365 or 366 days.
Need a home Loan? Realloans Australia can Help.
Need a loan, looking for a mortgage broker? Whether its a home loan, business loan, or asset finance, RealLoans have most qualified and experienced mortgage brokers serving throughout Australia. Book a free consultation in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia with RealLoans mortgage advisor near you.