This Home Loan Repayment Calculator helps you work out what your regular repayments will be based on your home loan amount. The loan repayment frequency can be changed to monthly, fortnightly or weekly. The repayment calculator calculates both Principal and Interest repayments for a loan term.
Home Loan Repayment Calculator – Assumptions
- Home Loan Repayment Calculator does not take into account any possible up-front fees. Only Ongoing fees are used not Upfront or End of loan fees (i.e. discharge costs).
- Home loan interest rate does not change over the loan term.
- Interest is calculated by compounding on the same repayment frequency selected, i.e. weekly, fortnightly, monthly. In practice, the interest compounding frequency may not be the same as repayment frequency.
- It is assumed that a year consists of 26 fortnights or 52 weeks which is counted as 364 days rather than 365 or 366 days.
- No rounding is done throughout the calculation whereas repayments are rounded to at least the nearest cent in practice.